06 May 2009

Busy, busy...

These two weeks are the exam weeks. I haven't got much time to indulge in baking though I still tried to steal some time here and there.

Did my favourite Chocolate Cake last week.





Tried another easy stir and bake recipe this morning while the kids are at school.

Potato Cake




Anything simple is a beauty in times like this. The only "complain" I have is, the recipe only yields 4 little cakes (I've used the paper muffin cups for these). Not very long lasting for the effort spent.

Potato Cake (recipe adapted from "Easy Stir 'n Bake Cakes")

Ingredients
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
110g sugar
90ml corn oil
150g grated potato

Method
1. Combine plain flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil. Stir into flour mixture with grated potato until well blended.
3. Pour into cups and bake in preheated oven at 175°C for 30-35 mins. Stand for 10 mins before turning onto wire rack to cool.



At the beginning of the month, I saw some shots from the TV that Hana Yori Dango (Korean version) will be shown in Singapore in May. I couldn't wait till they start, so I started watching that online whenever I can find some spare time (usually at nights after the kids were in bed). This is probably the 5th version of the story that I'm watching including the original Manga, animation, Taiwan and Japanese version. I'm a big fan of this story and it just doesn't bored me to watch another Korean version though I was never a fan of Korean drama.

The Korean version wasn't too bad, but my preference is still the Japanese version as I found the casts closer to the original characters who are supposed to be high school students. The female Korean lead looks a bit old for the role though her acting is acceptable. The cast who plays Hanazawa Rui in the Korean version is Kim Hyun Joong (Japanese version played by Oguri Shun, Taiwan version played by Vic Zhou), a very pretty boy indeed. The character, Rui, never fails to capture my heart though he's not the main lead. Lol...so here's one obasan who's still pretty gaga over pretty boys like any 17 year old.

5 comments:

Joan said...

I'm a knitter and baker too! Love your blog and your recipes and photos look yummy!

Jackie said...

Hey there,

wishing you a Happy Mother's Day...enjoys!

missy said...

ahh this looks easy :) can attempt.

Felicia said...

Hi maggie, your chocolate cake looks very moist and yummy. Can share the recipe?

KWF said...

Felicia, are you the Felicia fr GCS? Btw, I'm not Maggie, but Jade. :)

You can get the recipe from KC, but you'll need to login as a member to be able to view that.