30 January 2008

More CNY Baking

I did my last batch of CNY cookies yesterday from morning till almost midnight! Finished 4 tubs of Melting Moments in the morning. Did the Cashiew Nut Cookies from the afternoon through night. I roasted the cashiew nuts myself, so that's a lot of work!



Used the recipe from New Year Cookies, but I modified it by adding 3/4 tsp of salt as I like my Cashiew Nut cookies to be salty.



Ingredients
A
125g butter
70g icing sugar

B
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence

C
170g plain flour
*50g cashiew nuts powder (mill cashiew nuts finely)
1 tbsp milk powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt (I added this)

For glazing
**1 egg yolk (beaten)

For decoration
Some cashiew nuts (cut into halves)

Method
1. Beat ingredient A in a mixer until fluffy. Add in ingredient B and mix well before folding in ingredient C. Combine to form a soft dough.
2. Place no.(1) between sheets of plastic. Roll out flat, stamp designs using cookie cutter which has been stained with some flour. Leaves cookies on lined baking tray. Glaze surfaces and imprint a piece of cashiew nut on it. (I reglaze after putting the cashiew nut.)
3. Bake no.(2) in a peheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until golden (I bake at 160-170C for 15 minutes). Remove, cool well before storing in airtight jars.

Note:
* I mill the nuts coarsely as we like the cookies to have bites of cashiew nuts.
** I use 1 egg + 1 yolk for glazing.


Mood: tired

No comments: