26 January 2008

Own creation: Steamed Tofu

I was trying to cook out something for my kids for lunch yesterday using the limited amount of ingredients I'm left with. Didn't want something fried since the two girls are all sick. So I created this simple tofu dish using simple ingredients. the result is not bad at all!



Steamed Tofu



Ingredients
1 tube Silken Tofu (250g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 crabsticks, cut into small pieces
1 tbl silver fish

Seasoning
1/2 tsp plum sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
2 tsp light soya sauce

Method
1. Mash tofu into small pieces.
2. Add seasoning to the tofu and mix well.
3. Stir the crabsticks and silver fish into the tofu.
4. Add the beaten egg into the tofu mixture and mix well.
5. Steam over medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with rice.



Next time when I run out of idea again, I'll remember to cook this again.

Mood: experimenting

No comments: