28 June 2008

Finally kicked those lazy bones of mine...

I finally gave myself a good kick and got down to bake these on Wed nights.

Mulberry Cheesecake Cuppies


Olina's teachers were coming for home visit on Thurs. I thought it's only proper to serve them something. Finally a "valid" enough reason for me to get down to do some baking that has been terribly slacking!

I bought this mulberry jam recently on a nursery field trip with the "mulberry gang" (a group of GCS gardeners actively growing mulberries in Singapore). It's not too sweet and goes well with bread. You can also mix it with iced water or fresh milk for a refreshing drink.



I've got a big tub of it. So I thought of making use of some to make some cuppies and came up with this self-created recipe. It was the first time I self create a cake recipe. Unlike bread, cake may fail terribly if certain ingredients are not in the right proportion. I wasn't very sure of it at the beginning and there was some adjustment along the way based on gut feeling. Luckily it turned out well. The cuppies were very soft (or should I say, near to powdery state?) and best served chilled. If you're daring enough, you can give it a try...lol... I gave one to Karina's teacher cum my baking friend. She said the cuppy was aromatic (a very berry aroma) when she opened the bag.



Mulberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

Ingredients
350g cake flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
320g butter
250g cream cheese (room temperature)
190g sugar
5 eggs
6 tbsp mulberry jam
1/4 tsp salt

Method
1. Sift the cake flour and baking powder together.
2. Cream butter and cream cheese till light and creamy. Add sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating till incorporated.
4. Fold in flour mixture and salt.
5. Stir in mulberry jam (you can also create as swirl)
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until top is lightly browned.



Mood: happy

3 comments:

jaslin yap said...

Hi there,

I would like to check if baking using a portable oven is fine? I am a beginner and would like to get a portable one instead. Could you advise me?

Do you conduct baking class? I am really keen to learn from you. Thanks for looking at my comment. =)

KWF said...

hi jaslin, do you mean a tabletop oven (i.e. not those built-in oven)? I'm using a tabletop for all my baking.

Err...I don't conduct baking, not good enough to do that yet...lol... You can learn baking from my teacher, Gina.

Anonymous said...

Hello, may I know how does these cupcakes taste like?Is the cream cheese taste evident?it's an interesting recipe and the texture looks so fluffy.yummy.keep up the good work.I enjoy reading your blog.. Er.how does I address u? Regards, Nan