07 May 2008

Eggless Orange Cupcakes

Too busy but want to cook up something simple and nice? Try this.

Pan fry herbal fillets


I'm in the midst of exam fever (not mine, but ds's). I've lost all mood to cook elaborate stuff. Everything has to be kept as simple as possible. So I cook these for lunch today. These are really simple yet delicious. So simple that there isn't even a recipe to talk about. Just get some dory fillets from supermarket. Season both sides with a little garlic salt and mixed herbs and pan fry them till a little brown. Before serving, squeeze juice from a wedge of lemon over the fillets. Can't be simpler, right?

Stress has got this wonderful powder to dampen your mood or the other way round. I've got this dying urge to bake something, just anything. I know I won't have time to do the long winded bread, so I decided on cake. Then I realised I've run out of eggs! Oh my! Did some search and found this in KC.

Eggless Orange Cupcake


The original recipe was a buttercake. I just change it to cuppies and added a little orange zest to them. This was the first time I baked and ate eggless cake, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. But they were not bad, not bad at all! Soft and moist and not too sweet. I think the next round I'll add some lemon juice to them to have a little more tangy sensation!



Eggless Orange Cupcakes
Yields 13

Ingredients

Sieve the following ingredients together twice:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder

100g butter, room temperature
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice, unsifted (about 3 mid-size oranges)
Zest from 1 orange

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Cream sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
3. Add milk and orange juice to mix. (Note: My butter was separated from the liquid after mixing.)
4. Fold in flour mixture and orange zest using a fork/spatula until well combine.
5. Fill each cup to 80% full and bake for 25-30 mins.



Mood: stressed

5 comments:

Elin Chia said...

Your eggless orange cuppies looks yummz. Something new to me. Thanks for sharing. Have a stressfree day :)

Rei said...

WF : Can't ask you to relax, don't stress. I'm very stressed up myself.. ahahah.. the orange cuppies look good. Can't wait for your report on the strawberry wine. :D

Yuri said...

hey wf, guess baking does help to relax us, sometimes ;) How's the wine going? I'm getting a glass bottle from my dad this weekend...

KWF said...

thanks elinluv. this is also something new to me.

rei and yuri, I've harvested my strawberry wine. Now just waiting for it to settle, take pictures and report! lol...but don't expect too much from it. You'll know why soon.

Anonymous said...

hey, just finished baking your eggless orange cuppies and it turned out good! the next time im baking it,ill use 1 cup icing sugar.The taste was just nice for me but my hubby said it should be a little more sweeter. Thanks for sharing!