This is another item on my to do list. I had wanted to make a 100% healthy and tasty bread that smells like foccacia (another item on my to-do-list too).
I don't have a ready recipe, so I had to use my "imagination" and my limited understandstanding and experience in bread making to come out with this recipe. For the health conscious bunch of us.
Mixed Herbs Wholemeal Bread
Bread flour 200g
Wholemeal flour 100g
Milk powder 10g
*Mixed Herbs 2 & 1/2 tsp
Olive oil 30g (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingrdients (except mixed herbs) together.
2. Add in the water and olive oil to form a dough.
3. Move the dough to your working top and knead it for 2-3 minutes. Add in the mixed herbs and continue kneading to a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Round the dough into a ball and leave in a greased bowl, covered with damp towel or cling wrap, to proof till double in size.
5. When proofing is done, roll out dough and divide into 3 portions.
6. Roll each portion swiss roll style and leave them in your bread tin for second proofing till about 1 cm below the rim of the tin.
7. Baked in preheated oven at 180°C (covered tin) or 175°C (uncovered tin) for 30 mins.
* I bought the mixed herbs from Phoon Huat. It contains dried Rosemary, Summer Savoury, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Marjoram and other spices and herbs.
The bread is soft and smells fantastic! I hope you'll like it as much as I do.