I tried baking again today. This time experimenting with some doggie cookies which I saw from another website. Today was my second attempt. Tried the first round using milo instead of holicks 2 days ago. The milo doggies turn out a little dark. And the doggie faces have cracks on them due to the oven having too high a temperature. Gave this batch to my son's classmates as part of his goodies bag.
This time round I follow the original recipe (see below) and turn the temperature lower. The effects are much better than the first round. I even tried to have different designs for the dogs' ears. will bring this batch to my girl's school tomorrow for Children's Day celebration.
For those interested in trying your hands on them, here's the recipe. I used Cake flour instead of top flour and added roughly 15g of castor sugar.
100g chocolate chips
200g top flour
25g milk powder
1) Sift the flour, cornflour and milk powder.
2) Cream the butter and Horlicks for 3 minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
3) Add the sifted flour and beat for about one minute to form a dough.
4) Divide dough into 10g each. Embed 3 chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into a ball.
5) Insert 2 pieces of Koko Krunch to form the ears and 1 chocolate chip as the nose.
6) Bake at 140 degC for about 25 minutes.
7) Cool before storing.