07 April 2008

Daring Enough?

In case you're wondering where I've been for the past few days, I've taken some time off from baking and blogging. Main reason was I haven't been in the best state of health for these couple of days. First was the gastric problem (must be due to the coffee macarons I was testing the last time. I always have problem with coffee). Then I had diarrhoea on Sat. Thank goodness everything is over now.

Made these for the kids last Thurs, my favourite Orange, Apple & Wolfberry Muffins. This time I filled the cups to about 90% full, manage to get 18 cuppies.



After the long rest, I was finally well enough to continue my baking. Decided to bake some banana cakes for the first Daring Enough challenge in KC. This is like those blog challenges where everyone will bake/cook an item according to the theme in the challenge.



I've adapted the recipe from the banana and walnut cake in Uncle Billy's Joy of Baking book. This book is dedicated to help all the cancer patients. This is the first recipe I've tried from the book and I'm happy with the result. The cake is light and fluffy, not the heavy kind of banana cake. I've added more bananas as I love the nice aroma from the fruit. I did some of them in my mini doughnut pan and the remaining as cupcakes.

Banana Cake

Ingredients
Butter 100g
Salt 1g
Fine sugar 100g
Banana (peeled and sliced) 225g
Egg 100g (2 eggs)
Cake flour 220g
Milk powder 25g
Baking powder 5g

Method
1. Sieve flour, milk powder and baking powder together.
2. Mix butter, salt and sugar evenly.
3. Add in bananas and mix (at low speed) until banana pieces are mashed.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
5. Fold in the flour mixture.
6. Fill the paper cups till 80% full.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for about 30 minutes. For mini doughnut pan, bake for about 20 minutes.


Had them this morning for breakfast with a glass of homemade sesame soya bean milk. Healthy enough? :)




Mood: satisfied

3 comments:

Yuri said...

hey wf, no wonder you've been so "quiet" these few days. Hope u r better now. Thanks for highlighting the KC Dare-to challenge. Will have to buy bananas and wait for them to ripen first tho ...

Anonymous said...

WF take good care of yourself ok. And welcome back to your passions!
Sandra

KWF said...

Thanks yuri and Sandra, I'm back to myself now. :)