14 December 2007

What I've been up to

Can't believe I've been MIA for more than a week! My lazy mood continues, I haven't been picking up my baking and have been slow in my knitting too.

Last Friday my mum came over and we decided to have Popiah for lunch. Bought some popiah skins from a stall nearby and cooked the other ingredients myself. Instead of using only the traditional turnips (mangkwang), I decided to add cabbage and carrot as the main vegetables. It turns out pretty well. The vege are soft after about 1 hour of simmering. My mum bought some basil leaves over and that add a great plus to the final taste. The kids had fun trying their hands on popiah wrapping.

Our Popiah Spread


I was quite bored these few days without any baking. Kept thinking of new dishes to cook for meals. These are what I've been testing these few days.

Pan Fried Salmon with Lime Sauce


Baked Seafood Macaroni



Mood: lazy

No comments: