09 May 2008

Strawberry Wine - The Final Lap



I've harvested my strawberry wine yesterday. It was the 9th day and the bubbling has stopped.



After one day in the fridge, the wine has settled well.



The color is beautiful! Orangy-red, just like the fruit. The aroma of the strawberry is also prominent in the wine.



But taste wise, I still prefer the grape wine. The grape wine has a sweet after taste, which is missing in this strawberry wine. Perhaps due to the sour nature of the fruit, the wine has a sour taste (even though I've added 10% sugar), especially prominent if you drink it at room temperature. So this is a wine I'll only drink chilled. I think it'll go well with something sweet.



At first sip, I felt that the alcohol content is not high (unlike the grape wine). But after I've finished half a glass (the amount shown in the photo), I'm feeling a little dizzy now as I'm typing this post. Am I that lousy? Or maybe it's just the stress factor kicking in. I think I better stop now or you'll be hearing more nonsense from me.


Mood: drunk

6 comments:

Rei said...

WF, ahahah.. after my sis tasted my wine, she said although the taste of alcohol not prominent, but she can feel the effect of it afterwards. She's a light drinker. For me, I only felt abit warm after drinking. After cooling myself in front of the fan for a while, practically feel nothing. :p

For the roselle, did you use those fresh ones for preserves? Where to get them? Pray tell. Thanks. :D

KWF said...

rei, I dun think I'm a heavy drinker (if there's such a word). Maybe that's why...lol...

The roselle I used are fresh ones given to me by a friend. That's why I'm trying to grow them coz I don't know where I can get the fresh ones here in SG.

Yuri said...

wow wf, the wine looks so good! so do the preserved roselle, hope your effort to plant it works out! watching yr blog for development, as usual :)

KWF said...

Thanks yuri! I really hope the Roselle will grow successfully.

Gina Choong said...

WF, yesterday I used the leftover Strawberry wine to marinate Twee bah again. Then had it Roasted..and re-cook the wine in a pan with butter and rosemary herbs. The meat was juicy, tender..! if you don't want to drink the wine, use it to marinate pork for at least 4 hours.

KWF said...

gina, thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about it! Will reserve some for the pork. Probably will do this after this exam week.