28 October 2007

Baked Chicken with Mushrooms

I'm bored without all the baking (lol...look who said she's tired after all the 7hrs frosting). So I decided to take out my cookbooks and see what's there to cook. I finally decided on this.

Baked Chicken with Mushrooms

Ingredients
2 fresh mushrooms (I used 5 dried ones, soaked)
100g golden mushrooms
1/4 onion (I used 1 small yellow one)
2 cloves garlic
2 chicken thighs (I used 4)

Seasoning
1 tbsp rice wine (I used Shaoxing wine)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp corn starch mixture
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper (I didn't add this as the kids don't take pepper)

Method
1. Rinse fresh mushrooms. Remove stems and cut into shreds. Rinse golden mushrooms and cut off tail-ends. Peel and slice garlic and onion.
2. Rinse and de-bone chicken thighs. Cut into pieces. Marinate with Seasoning for 20 mins (I marinated for about 2 hrs). Transfer to a casserole and top with all other ingredients. Cover with aluminium foil and transfer to preheated oven. Bake at 250 degC for 20 minutes. Remove aluminium foil and serve.




I had to return the dish to bake for another 20 minutes after the initial round. I guess it was because I had more chicken and also I did not remove them from the fridge earlier to remove the cold.

The aroma can really knock you down when you took off the aluminium foil. Though the dish doesn't look appetising, it tastes really good! Definitely a keeper! Will definitely cook this again when I have guests over for a meal.

Mood: full

No comments: